Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Lego7191

Hotpoint refrigerator with abundance of annoying issues

3 posts in this topic

Several problems with this Hotpoint fridge.  I could get the model number if necessary, but I will start with the problems.

1 - Fridge freezes everything SOLID.  Not a little frosty or icy, but completely SOLID blocks of ice....even when thermostat is turned to the lowest setting, 1 or OFF, it still freezes all contents solid....which brings us to problem number 2

2 - The temperature control knob seems to do NOTHING.  I can turn it to OFF, I can turn it to 9 (coldest setting), or somewhere in between...it never shuts off and it never thaws the contents out.

3 - towards the back of the fridge, on the top (which would be the freezer floor if htat helps indicate the location I am trying to describe), it LEAKS.  Water just drips from that area of the fridge (actually in the fridge, it is not coming from the freezer) and I have to have a jug there to catch the water.  Otherwise, it drips all over whatever is in its path and then I have a sheet of ice on top of whatever it happens to land on.

HELP PLEASE.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Okay, I got off my keister and got the model no.  CTX18LYYBRWH

thanks in advance for any and all help to solve these annoying issues.

Ah, Grasshoppah, look beyond to where the many become one and you will see that all these seemingly unrelated problems stem from the same root cause:  a bad cold control.  Come git you one

00044787.jpg