Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caledoniadesigns

Kenmore front loader washer 417.41142000 won't fill

7 posts in this topic

My Kenmore front loader washer model 417.41142000 won't fill. It sounds as though it's working but no water comes in. Is there a sensor or something that could be burned out? Can I replace it? Location and part number would be great. Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Hi,

Have you checked that the water supply is good at the water inlets?

Big Bird

Have you tried it on a Warm Wash and a Cold Wash ?

That was the first thing I checked.

I have tried it on warm. Will try the cold wash tomorrow. I called the Sears Service Center and they said the "fill sensor" may have failed.?!?

. It sounds as though it's working

the Drum is "tumbling" (washing) ?

I have tried it on both warm and cold. No water enters machine. Sounds like it is "humming" and trying to fill, but no water. Now, I am just a helicopter jockey, I don't know from washing machines. But, seems like it would be similar to a fuel system. A valve opens to allow water to enter and closes when it reaches capacity. Something has to tell that valve to open and close, right? Perhaps the aforementioned "fill sensor"? If correct: 1. what is it called, 2. what does it look like, 3. where is it located, and 4. can I reasonably expect to be able to replace it myself without causing any more problems? Thanks for any help you can give, Guys!

2 phillips screw on top of back cover remove screws push top back fill vavle should be on lefthand side its blue check for 120 volts when on

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0