Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
addnup

Kenmore gas range oven & broiler won't Ignite

7 posts in this topic

I have a Kenmore Gas Range, Model 362.7585590 and the other day while I was baking dinner, it just stopped heating. Now I have nothing. Two years ago, I replaced the ignitor and I'm thinking it is the same issue. The coil looks broken on the oven ignitor and I can replace that again. But the broiler will not light either. Can the problem be more than the ignitor? The burners on the range still light. Thanks....

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

It's possible the bimetal in the gas valve is open. Only way to really know what's going on is to see if you're getting 120vac at the ignitor leads.

Kenmore 362.7585590 made by GE

I don't think there's anything in common with Bake & Broil on that model

Check voltages at the Ignitors,

OR test for about 3v AC across the Bake Terminals and across the Broil Terminals of the Gas Safety Valve.

May also be a bad Controller

Edited by RegUS_PatOff

Some of the photos in this post show you where the ignitor wiring is.

Do you have a multimeter?

yes but its been a long time since it has seen daylight....

Basic primer on making simple electrical measurements here.