Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

AMANA clothes washer Model # ALW880QAW Milking Stool

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Lee Fix

Mr. Lee Fix

Sōhei

• Scholar of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:AD Haze, Iron Cruellar

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:03 PM

AMANA clothes washer Model # ALW880QAW Serial # S 0003187460 is showing her crack! I traced the incessant metallic noise to a crack on the lower ring of the milking stool where it meets the upright support (See photo). The actual crack is perhaps 3/4" longer and hidden from view in the photo. I would rather not disassemble the entire contraption, press off/on the bearing, etc., so I'm hoping to take it apart only as much as necessary to either Mig or Tig weld it together. I have the AMANA Top Load Washer service manual #RS3100007, Revision 0, October 1999, downloaded from the "Grand Fermented One", but as there are no pictures, diagrams, or the like, I'm kind of non-plussed. Any suggestions, pictures, whatever would be greatly appreciated. Even verbal banter is acceptable. As always, thank you for any and all assistance

Mr. Lee Fix

Attached File  IMG_3293B.jpg   87.73KB   180 downloads

PS Some free medical advice: If you can't afford a doctor, go to an airport - you'll get a free x-ray and a breast exam, and; if you mention Al Qaeda, you'll get a free colonoscopy.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:06 PM

I have seen those crack before, I'm afraid that replacment is the only option - other than tossing the (not so great) machine in the dump
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 Mr. Lee Fix

Mr. Lee Fix

Sōhei

• Scholar of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:AD Haze, Iron Cruellar

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:00 PM

Oh Wise Appliance Bloodhound, please tell me why I must toss the stool out with the wash water. The machine has never failed in 10 years of two (now teenage) boys, Mom and Dad, and at least 6-7 loads per week (That's alot. For the mathematically challenged...3'100 - 3'600 loads). I know that I can effect a quality weld with a MIG or TIG welder (provided I gain access). Most people don't have the facility to do so, but I can. For most it is cheaper to toss or face a somewhat expensive repair as the part alone is $130 + labor. What do you now say to a scuba diving do-it-myself-repair-guy who can hold his breath just in case the weld doesn't hold and the room fills with the wet stuff. Any other thoughts? Canada...why didn't you say so? I'll direct a bud to you who also likes the brews. He's from the cold part!

Hoping for more positive news.

Mr.Lee Fix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics