Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
94MKIV

Samsung WF448AAP Error Message

6 posts in this topic

I did a search but could not find an answer. This washer is 2 months old and has not been used more than 15 times. Was doing some laundry today and a few minutes into the cycle, I got an screen message stating Error: Water Leakage Problem and says to call a service tech. Inspection of the machine shows no visible water anywhere under or behind the unit. Turned the unit back on and simply ran the Rinse & Spin setting to finish the load. I then started another load and basically got the same results with the error code coming up again.

Anything I can do try and correct this problem before going through the nightmare of having Samsung come out and service the unit? Pretty ridiculous that the unit is a few months old and already down with a problem.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

When the error occurred---was the STEAM option selected/used?

If yes---Samsung has published a bulletin relating to a *leak* at the check valve on the STEAM GENERATOR.

This calls for a STEAM KIT ASSY p/n: DC97-09101J

Edited by john63

Could be a leak, a faulty sensor or board. Because of how new the machine is, I think it would be best to call in the Samsung Tech. You need to go ahead and get the problem on record.

Also, make sure that drain hose hasn't been stuffed too far into standpipe - if the hose is submerged in the water in the drain trap it can syphon out

Also, make sure that drain hose hasn't been stuffed too far into standpipe - if the hose is submerged in the water in the drain trap it can syphon out

Great tip! Useful for all washers. We hate getting paid just for retracting a drain hose. :)

Thanks for the great info. The wife ran another load today and it had no problem. I'll check the drain house and if the I get the error again, I'll give Samsung a call since it is still under warranty.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0