Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Kenmore 110.63942101

Gavrillo

I have a kenmore elec dryer after we replaced the breaker for the circuit now worksit has 240 to the dryer but it wont heat. I checked the element, the operating and high limit stat, the thermal fuse, i checked the thermistor it does not show continuity but it does show 10 ohms is it still good? if it is what do you recommend that i check next. I think temp selector or the timer some how is not turning on the heat. Help! You guys rock. You have been awesome for everything else I needed in the past.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gavrillo

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• kdog

• RegUS_PatOff

how's the Heater Relay ?

You could try swapping it with the Motor Relay (remember where the wires go)

Will the Motor then still start ?

OR you could

Set the Dryer to run a Regular Heat Cycle

Open the Door so that the Drum and Motor don't run

(You could also remove the Drum)

Test for 120v AC from each of the following to chassis (ground):

Heater Relay Red wire

Thermal Cut-Off Red wire

Thermal Cut-Off Black wire

High-Limit Black wire

High-Limit Red/White wire

Heating Element Red/White wire

Heating Element Red wire

You guys rock I tried swapping the heater relay and the motor relay and the bloddy heater works now and if you hold down the push to start button the motor runs and before the push to start button worked and the heater did not. you guys rock did I just say that i must be repeating myself buy you do!

thats the part again your guys rock I had no idea it was that easy to fix with you guys on my side i feel like i can fix the world. The next beer is on me.