MDE5500 AYW serial #10 Blower Fan Removal
Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:15 AM
Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:01 PM
The blower wheel is attached directly to the motor shaft behind the blower cover.
Whenever replacing a blower wheel, always replace the clamp.
1. Disconnect power to the machine.
2. Remove front panel and close door.
3. Remove shroud/tumbler front assembly.
4. Remove blower cover.
5. Remove clip retaining ring.
6. Compress and remove clamp around hub of impeller.
7. Work blower wheel back and forth while pulling off shaft. It may require considerable effort to remove the blower wheel.
For manuals and lots of other goodies,
become an Apprentice==> http://appliantology.org/apprentice/
Need parts? Call our Parts Department now! 877-803-7957
Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:34 PM
And of course the motor is not making noise anymore - replacing it anyway :-(
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users