Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire Side--by-side icemaker trouble

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 debrabackus

debrabackus

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fat Angel

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:24 PM

My 4-month old Frigidaire Side-By-Side Refrigerator (Model LFUS2613LPO, Serial 4A04312356) has recently started dispensing ONLY crushed ice, even though the "cube" button is pushed and the light remains on. I have taken the tray out, washed it thoroughly to remove any ice pieces, tried the "crushed" ice option (results in a more finely crushed ice), unplugged the refrigerator for a spell...and still only crushed ice. If there is a simple fix I can do without calling the warranty people, I would appreciate trying it! Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 josh_am1

josh_am1

IkkĊ-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:00 PM

Under the ice bucket is a metal arm that slides into a hole in the back wall of freezer. I have seen this lever inside the hole get stuck or you possibly have a bad solenoid. Put your finger in the square plastic with ice bucket removed and lift it a few times. Replace ice bucket and test with door closed.
Josh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics