Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cdubb36

Ge Refrigerator Floods my new basement

6 posts in this topic

My GE refrigerator is only 5 years old. I came home last night after a family party, Once i entered the house I noticed my main floor was flooded. I smelt a burnt smell and It was my Ge Refrigerator, 2006 model. It had a fried circuit board and my newly remodeled basement was flooded. The problem was, my water dispenser was stuck on and was running water in my house for about three hours. What in thee hell is the problem ??? I'm seriously pissed. Anyone else have this B.S. problem with a GE refrigerator? It is a side by side. This is going to cost me some serious $$

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Pitch the fridge (whatever the model # is) - When you renovate after the flood damage, install a floor drain near refrigerator :thumbsup:

My GE refrigerator

model number ?

Dispenser switch could be stuck but usually when i see this happen it is due to a bad water valve.

It has always been my impression that the solenoids for the watervalve are designed to burn out if in use exceeding a certain amt of time to prevent this sort of problem.

It has always been my impression that the solenoids for the watervalve are designed to burn out if in use exceeding a certain amt of time to prevent this sort of problem.

Desgined <> manufactured

Valves can get stuck open and, of course, there is no such thing as failure proof. Just check recent news events.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0