Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Duet Washer WFW8300SW00

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Paul78zephyr

Paul78zephyr

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:26 AM

Hello all and regards to Samurai,
Whirlpool Duet Washer WFW8300SW00, new 6/06. Unit was just ruuning fine the other day. I went to use it this morning and its dead. Will not come on with the on/off switch. No lights, nothing. Tested the outlet - is good. Tryed unplugging for 30 sec - no go. I have the L-78 repair manual for this unit. Where do I start?

Thanks
Paul

Edited by Paul78zephyr, 21 March 2011 - 08:27 AM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Paul78zephyr

Paul78zephyr

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:09 AM

A quick follow up.

I tried to follow the Troubleshooting Guide on page 6-11 of the L-78 manual. I unplugged the unit and removed the top cover. I disconnected the line cord from the power/line filter and checked the cord for continuity. Checks OK. I removed the line/power filter and checked its contacts for continuity. Checks OK. The Troubleshooting Guide says to listen for a click from the CCU when plugged it. I hear NO click. Can I assume its the CCU? I there any other diagnostic tests I should do?

Thanks,
Paul

#3 Paul78zephyr

Paul78zephyr

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:46 AM

Another quick follow up.

I removed the CCU and opened it up. Right away I could see that one of the large electrolytic capacitors (C21) was bulged and leaking into the plastic housing. Also a small axial inductor (L1) had split open. Im sure they are both NG.

"Roger your plan to go EVA and replace...". Oops, wrong movie.

I can buy the CCA for about $140 locally (can get in 1 day) or online for about $110 shipped. I can try replacing C21 and L1 as the parts will only cost about $2 but I need to order them online and wait for them to come (2-5 days)as there are no electronics components places around (RS is useless). I do need my washer so Im trying to decide.

BTW does Whirlpool publish the schematic to that CCA anywher?

Thanks everyone
Paul

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,382 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 21 March 2011 - 01:27 PM

The Troubleshooting Guide says to listen for a click from the CCU when plugged it. I hear NO click. Can I assume its the CCU?

Buy the CCU here; if it doesn't fix it, you can return it for a refund. :thumbsup:

#5 Paul78zephyr

Paul78zephyr

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:33 PM

Just a quick follow up. I did try to repair the CCA by replacing the blown capacitors and inductor (parts cost all of $3 including shipping from Digikey) but they just blew again the second I plugged the machine in. Obviously a hard fault on the board's 24V power supply. Im not a EE so the board level troubleshooting ends there. I did buy a new CCA online for about $100 shipped (even got it overnight for standard shipping) and the machine came right on. Ran a few loads today - no problems.

Thanks for the help! Great forum.
Paul

Edited by Paul78zephyr, 24 March 2011 - 07:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics