Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore LG Ice Mkr Fan Icing & Code 1F

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CharlieRocket

CharlieRocket

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:21 PM

Ongoing problem of ice maker fan making noise and stopping and giving error code 1F. Is there a permanent fix from Kenmore or LG?? The tech said that due to the ice maker being shut off the unit is calling for more cooling and causing the fan to ice up. When it defrosts it's not enough to melt the buildup in the fan housing. They just remove the ice and put it back together. Losing much $$ for defrosted food, not covered unless we buy the extended warranty, and having a tech come by every 2 mos. = not fun! Model # is 795.79754.904. Is there an LG equivalent to this model so that I can contact them, when I give LG the Kenmore model # they give me the Sears Kenmore tech line #.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:31 PM

Have had some success with this issue by replacing the icefan

http://www.repaircli...ponents/1525970

01091202.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 CharlieRocket

CharlieRocket

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:28 PM

Have had some success with this issue by replacing the icefan

What do you mean by some? I would assume that it would only work if they changed something on the fan assy. Some have said that changing the main board and the fan fixed the problem, I was hoping that LG would put out a fix......From what I read it's an old problem, not much info on my model but on others it seems pretty common. For Sears to change anything (they want me to pay for the parts) they have to check their Tech line and see what they say. When he called they said that it was caused by an air leak or leaving the door open or maybe overfilling the freezer. Is there an LG model that is identical to the Kenmore, maybe I could get more support help if I have an LG model # ?

Edited by kdog, 22 March 2011 - 07:31 PM.
removed multiple entries

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics