Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RedToryTy

What am I to service?

7 posts in this topic

I've gotten an "EF" code on this customer's fridge, standing for electronic control failure. I've told the customers to restart the fridge after an hour. What do I need to service next? Please send the relevant tech sheet someone.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

frigid service manuals are a bit different, they are not listed by model number. ( listed by year ) a little bit more description.....french door unit, Side by side, top freezer........... :unsure: ........ Plus my puter is slow downloading for some reason...( maybe pay the bill <_< )

FLSC238BWB

I've gotten an "EF" code on this customer's fridge,

standing for electronic control failure.

FLSC238BWB

maybe

FLSC238DWB

2007 SxS

> standing for electronic control failure.

where is that from ?

EF may be Evaporator Fan

"E"-"F" from the digital temperature panel at the top of the fresh food compartment. Replaced the iniquitously-designed inverter on the compressor; refrigerator ran for 10 seconds, then stopped as I was reattaching the back cover. Don't have a tech sheet, so no help with the code or tests for the "EF" problem. What next?

I have replaced both the inverter and the electronic control; all I can do now is replaced the Evaporator Fan.

So I've replaced the inverter, the electronic control, AND the evaporator...and all I have to show for it is $300-plus out of my pocket. Please, oh God please, will some save me from this meddlesome refrigerator??!!!!

So I've replaced the inverter, the electronic control, the evaporator, AND the freezer door switch...and all I have to show for it is $300-plus out of my pocket. Please, oh God please, will some save me from this meddlesome refrigerator??!!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0