Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore 417.42042100 Bearing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wings515

wings515

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:07 AM

The bearings I am referring to are the ones on the tub shaft. I have replaced these bearings 3 years ago and they are making noise again. The first replacements I purchased from VBX as part numbers 6306-2RS and 6307-2RS. I got the Chrome steel units thinking they would be similar to the OEM. I also replace the bearing seals at the same time. Looking at the VBX web site shows they also make a Stainless Steel version at 4 times the price. Does anyone know of a better bearing at a price less than $45 a piece?

I am concerned that if I buy the $45 bearing, I'll still have a similar problem 3 years from now.

Thanks,
Wings515

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

Perhaps the sealing surface on the rear of the spinner basket is comprimised
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 wings515

wings515

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:37 AM

Good point. I guess when the bearings really go and I have to take everything apart I'll check that out. Is there a seal or gasket at that point. I don't recall one but that was three years ago when I did the first replacement. Would this 'seal' be shown on the exploded diagram?

Thanks,
wings515

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:02 PM

No - it's the bronxe portion that is machined into the back of the basket spider. Moving seals cut a groove into the surface, and usually get replaced

Check here:

Posted Image

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#5 wings515

wings515

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:17 AM

Thanks for the reply. Does that mean I have to replace the spider if it is scored?

#6 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:24 PM

Yes, but to the best of my knowledge, it is only available as a basket ass'y

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics