Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Neptune MLE200AYW blowing R43 instantly.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Captaintonyd4

Captaintonyd4

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Cisk, Efes, Anchor Steam, Dos XX, Free

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:53 AM

Hello

I am performing an exorcism on a maytag Neptune MLE220AYW (Stack) Washer. Initially I had the no spin cycle issue. After discovering this forum I ordered from this site the R11 repair, and replacement wax motor. My old motor was the one with the black shaft as well as the new. I also ordered a new mother board as this unit is on a US build yacht in Europe. After replacing the mother board with new the unit worked well for about 4 months. Now R43 resistor is blowing. I forgot to mention that it was R43 that blew on the original mother board.

Further beer induced searching on the net informed me that if the wax motor/R43 resistor fix does not solve the problem, and that the motor and motor control board (electrical filter) were the issue. I got the new motor in and had to hack the wiring harness because of the new motor control board with filter. Now when we plug in the unit R43 blows instantly. I did pick up a bigger resistor (Brown, Black, Brown, Gold) rings For R43. I have a few of the original sized resistors left as well.

I have been flip floping mother boards trying to get his right. Please help save my liver!

I love the smell of flux in the morning!

Cheers

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:22 PM

The cause of the R43 blowing the motor and motor control, replace 'em as a kit. Depending on damage done to the machine control board, you may need to replace it, as well.

#3 Captaintonyd4

Captaintonyd4

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:15 PM

Correct kind sir;

The motor and motor control board came as a kit. I will whip another mother board and give it a try. Do you supply a wiring harness that goes with the upgraded Motor and motor control board? I'll try anything. Too hard to replace a 60hz washer in Europe.

Best Regards

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:29 PM

http://fixitnow.com/...washer-no-spin/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 Captaintonyd4

Captaintonyd4

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:16 AM

Just to Confirm

It is advised to order a new Mother board to compliment the Motor, and Motor control board package I just installed.

It is hard to get things shipped to me.

Regards

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:38 AM

It's hard to say at this point with the repeated failures and repairs. I'd say it's likely there is other damage to the machine control board. But there's no harm in trying the motor kit first to see if that fixes the problem. If not, them order the the machine control board, too.

#7 Captaintonyd4

Captaintonyd4

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:24 AM

OK

I swapped back to the new motherboard that I had to replace the R43 from failure test run 673. Then I put the original motor control board back in, but left in the new motor. It made it through a wash cycle. We'll continue to test.

For some reason with the new upgraded motor control board the motor would not run.

Since I am in Europe with this abomination, and it is more important to keep this machine operable than being stingy. If money was availble. What would be a good Christmas parts list?

I am definetly getting an extra mother board. Maybe two. I have about 8 resistors. Also consider typical failure parts for the upper dryer.

When guests are onboard It is paramount to have my machines working. The Bosch unit works perfect but can't handle a full boat of guests.

Regards

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:22 PM

For some reason with the new upgraded motor control board the motor would not run.

So the NEW motor would not run with the NEW motor control board that came with it in the motor and motor control board kit? If so, that could be because of the frequency of the power in Europe, 50Hz vs. 60Hz in the US and the spec for the new board.

#9 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:54 PM

... this unit is on a US build yacht in Europe.

120v AC 60 Hz ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#10 Captaintonyd4

Captaintonyd4

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:52 PM

Good Catch

We convert shore power via an onboard "Atlas" System. Everything onboard is 110 60hz, or 240 for the big stuff.

#11 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:09 AM

Does your meter have a frequency function? These new inverter boards are very sensitive to input voltage AND frequency. Input frequency has to 60Hz on the nose. Your Atlas system may be drifting on frequency.

#12 Captaintonyd4

Captaintonyd4

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:14 AM

Very possible

Just checked, and 60hz it is at. Every screen on the boat would have lines running through it as well. I did deal with a Hz issure on a different yacht with a bad voltage regulator on a generator. Caused all kinds of issues.

I will monitor more closely

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics