Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
cmom

How to open a Maytag Performa washer

3 posts in this topic

I have an older (15+yr. old) Maytag Performa washing machine. There is no Serial Number on the machine. I called Maytag and they told me they have no information as it is over 15 years old and the don't keep any info over 10 yrs. I am trying to replace the water control valve and can't figure how to get the darn thing apart to get the old valve out and put the new valve in. It looks like I have to take the sides and back off which is all one piece of metal. Just wondering if anyone else may know how to replace the valve. I bought the valve a couple of years ago as I had a problem with the valve but mysteriously the machine started to work again. It is failing again and the cold water won't shut off so I am going to attempt to replace the valve if I can figure how to get the old valve out and the new valve in.

Can anyone help me???

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

This page awwta get you going.

That worked, thanks. I got it installed and it is working beautifully!!!