Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool DU1145XTPQA Quiet Partner II Dishwasher Not starting

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dr00bie

dr00bie

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Whatever is on tap!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:49 PM

I have a Quiet Partner II, DU1145XTPQA that is not starting at all. I have tried the common fixes, pushing the Normal Cycle + Heated Dry button 4 times and making sure that the keypad is not locked. I have flipped the breaker to the dishwasher and left off for 2 hours, then turned it back on and tried to no avail.

When I hit the Cancel button, the dishwasher runs through the drain cycle, but when I hit the Start button, nothing happens. There are no lights flashing on the control panel.

I took the control panel out and inspected for burnt spots on the circuit board, but found none.

Are there any other common issues that I can check for?

Thanks,
Drew

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Strathy

Strathy

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coffee

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:23 PM

Check to make sure the float in the front right bottom corner of the tub is all the way down. The float is the grey plastic 'bell' looking thing. As you lift it up and down you should hear a very slight clicking sound of the float switch opening and closing.
Neighbour's Appliance Service
Servicing Southern Manitoba, Canada

#3 dr00bie

dr00bie

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:19 PM

Thanks for the reply. The float is all the way down.

Another thing, when I press Normal in the Cycles section of the control pad, the LED above the button does not light up. I have removed the control panel again and gone through it looking for anything that looks odd, but haven't seen anything yet.

Is the thermal fuse the small round component that has 2 wires and clips onto the chassis of the control board? I have read elsewhere that I would need to check the continuity of the thermal fuse, but I am not sure where it is.

Thanks,
Drew

Also, the float is clicking when I pull it up and let it fall, so I assume the float switch is working properly.

Thanks,
Drew

#4 Strathy

Strathy

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coffee

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:22 PM

Yes, that is the thermal fuse, but if it was open the unit would not drain either. If you have power going into the control board, then I would suspect you are dealing with a touchpad issue.
Neighbour's Appliance Service
Servicing Southern Manitoba, Canada

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:56 PM

KEYSWITCH RESISTANCE CHECK TABLE

KEY . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .+Pos. Lead . . . –Neg. Lead

DELAY HOURS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . P1-12 . . . . P1-2
SMART WASH/ACCUSENSE/ ADAPTIVE WASH . . P1-13 . . . . P1-2
SOAK & SCOUR/STEAM/STEAM SANI . . . . . . . . . P1-11 . . . . P1-3
CANCEL/DRAIN . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . .P1-12 . . . . P1-3
POTS & PANS/HEAVY. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . P1-13 . . . . P1-3
HIGH TEMP. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. .. P1-11 . . . . P1-4
START/RESUME. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . P1-12 . . . . P1-4
NORMAL WASH/NORMAL. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . P1-13 . . . . P1-4
SANI RINSE. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . P1-11 . . . . P1-5
TURBO/PRO SCRUB/POWER SCOUR. . . . . . . . . . P1-12 . . . . P1-5
CHINA/LIGHT. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . P1-13 . . . . P1-5
HEATED DRY. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . P1-11 . . . . P1-6
RINSE ONLY/QUICK RINSE. . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . .. . . P1-12 . . . . P1-6
GLASS XPRESS/FAST WASH/ QUICK CLEANUP . . P1-13 . . . . P1-6

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#6 dr00bie

dr00bie

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:56 PM

I found an acquaintance with the same dishwasher (not the same *exact* model, but a Quiet Partner II), and fooled them into allowing me to remove the control pad and board and test on my machine. Seems that the control board is fried. Is there any chance at repairing the control board?

Thanks,
Drew

#7 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:10 PM

http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=1373167

01061118.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#8 dr00bie

dr00bie

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:29 PM

Ok... I am a dummy,,,

Just to be sure, I connected the old panel to the new board... no go... so I guess the control board is good. Now I can't find the correct part on the list of parts, which category is it under?

Thanks,
Drew

By panel, I mean the control panel on the top of the dishwasher, the part with the buttons.

Thanks,
Drew

#9 dr00bie

dr00bie

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:15 PM

I tested a few more times and found that it was indeed the control panel. There has always been a small opening on the top seam of the plastic button cover, so I figured something got in there and fouled up one of the switches. So I removed the plastic button cover, which came off fairly easily and cleaned the buttons with rubbing alcohol. I hooked it back in to the old control board and hit the Start button (while manually depressing the lock), boom the washer started. So, lo and behold, the issue came down to the control pad being dirty.

The only issue I had while removing the button cover was the bottom right side, the white background of the plastic tore off and stayed glued to the hard plastic. This doesn't look too bad, and since the machine works, it doesn't matter to me!

Thanks for all the help,
Drew

Recent blog entries on this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics