Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zfrenzel

GE WBVH6240FWW front load washer Not Draining

2 posts in this topic

I own a 5 year old GE front load washer (model WBVH6240FWW) which is not draining well.

Its been down hill for a week or so, but seems to be affected by how heavily loaded it is. All loads require at least one additional Spin & Drain cycle, some require more. Now Even after multiple spin & drain cycles, the clothes are still dripping wet, and there is puddled water on the base of the tub.

I'm an appliance noob, but am otherwise relatively handy. I know enough to check the pump trap and it is not clogged. What are my next steps?

I was considering removing the clamps on the drain tubes & pipes to inspect for a clog (though i can't feel anything when i squeeze them). Other suggestions?

Follow up question. I know there part of the drain apparatus is a pump. Does this pump suck water from the basin, pump water to drain height, or both? Is it possible that the pump is bad?

Thanks in advance

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I Does this pump suck water from the basin, pump water to drain height, or both? Is it possible that the pump is bad?

Doesn'y really suck, water flows into manifold by gravity then pump through drain hose - if hose and pump are clear, and pump is running (not pumping), time for a new one

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drain-Pump-and-Motor/1394137?modelNumber=WBVH6240FW

00709423.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0