Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

dalymj42

Jenn-air double wall oven JJW9830DDR, "Feature not available" error message

8 posts in this topic

Hello. I have a 1.3 yr old 30" double wall Jenn-air oven (Model # JJW980DDR). When I push any of the control "buttons" such as "Bake" or "Broil" for either the top or bottom oven I get an error message: "Feature not available. Press Help". After I do so, and under "Feature not available" heading is this message: "This control has detected a fault that effects (sic) the performance of this feature. The control has disabled this feature". In the top right of the display, just to the right of the clock numbers are amber-colored letters and numbers(?) : 1d11. These are not normally present. I can not find anything else that looks like a fault code. These letters/numbers are not listed as a fault code by Jenn-air. I tried resetting the circuit breaker for the ovens without success. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

JJW980DDR

maybe

JJW9830DDR

1d11

Runaway temperature (650°F)

Sensor resistance >2237 Ω

check Temperature sensor resistance

Approximately 1080 Ω at room temperature (70ºF).

Part link for the oven sensor.

Hello. I have a 1.3 yr old 30" double wall Jenn-air oven (Model # JJW980DDR). When I push any of the control "buttons" such as "Bake" or "Broil" for either the top or bottom oven I get an error message: "Feature not available. Press Help". After I do so, and under "Feature not available" heading is this message: "This control has detected a fault that effects (sic) the performance of this feature. The control has disabled this feature". In the top right of the display, just to the right of the clock numbers are amber-colored letters and numbers(?) : 1d11. These are not normally present. I can not find anything else that looks like a fault code. These letters/numbers are not listed as a fault code by Jenn-air. I tried resetting the circuit breaker for the ovens without success. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Yes, my bad. The correct model # is JJW9830DDR.

Don't know if I'm measuring the temp sensor resistance correctly. I placed one probe at the end where it enters the oven wall and the other probe at the far end of the sensor (which appears to be copper clad). I get 0 resistance (which I would expect with copper). Do I remove the sensor first to measure the resistance? Any special instructions/directions for removing the sensor, other than throwing the circuit breaker for the oven? My present sensor makes a 90 degree turn once it exits from the oven wall. The recommended part (1034676) does not have this bend as far as I can see.

Thanks

... Don't know if I'm measuring the temp sensor resistance correctly.

... My present sensor makes a 90 degree turn once it exits from the oven wall. The recommended part (1034676) does not have this bend

1) would need to OHM meter the wires at the Connector at the end of the Sensor

2) Repair Clinic doesn't list your model

JJW9830DDS sensor 74008369

sensor is different than

JJW9830DDR sensor 7430P046-60

So in order to get to those wires to check the resistance with my ohmmeter I have to remove the sensor from the oven wall, correct? It appears to be attached by a metal bracket with a single screw.

So in order to get to those wires to check the resistance with my ohmmeter I have to remove the sensor from the oven wall, correct? It appears to be attached by a metal bracket with a single screw.

yes, hopefully the wires and Connectors will be able to carefully pulled through the Wall.

You could measure the Sensor OHMs at the Controller, but that may be more difficult to get to.