Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Temperature Gun w/ Laser pointer $15 + 4 Shipping

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:37 PM

Tanga.com 24 hour deals
24 HR. deal (or while quantities last)
Temperature Gun w/ Laser pointer $15 + 4 Shipping

click on picture
Posted Image

Temperature Range: -50~280℃(-58~536℉)
Accuracy: ±1.5%or±1.5℃
Distance Spot Ratio: 12:1
Emissivity: 0.95 pre-set
Resolution: 0.1℃or0.1℉
Response Time & Wavelength: 500ms & (8-14)um
Repeatability: ±1%or±0.1℃(1.8℉)
℃/℉ Selection
Data Hold Function
Laser Target Pointer Selection
Backlight Display Selection
Auto Power Shut Off
Low Battery Indication
Continuous Measurement

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,402 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:46 PM

Thanks...got one. Great price, now I can leave my infra-red cooking thermometer in my kitchen where it belongs.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

got it today. So far so good. Smaller than the Bon Jour Culinary laser thermometer I have been using and it's $70 dollars cheaper! I also love that the battery compartment has a hinged door. Have to wait to do a temp comparison since my bon jour is in my tool box at the office. At least, now I can leave my culinary therm in my kitchen (where I need all the help I can get). So far, other than size and hinged door, the only difference is my bon jour has a temp guide for griddle, saute, sear, fry etc on the side. I will update regarding accuracy.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 01 April 2011 - 08:16 PM.

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:12 AM

Compared the two yesterday. 4 degree temp difference between the two but what is most important is that the difference is constant and the readings are instant. Nothing that a little calibration or mental adjustment can't fix. I've had the cooking therm for over three years and it may need the calibration (dropped it numerous times with batteries and door flying). I think I am confident enough with the tanga therm to use it in the field. There is, however, one slight annoyance. It defaults to Celsius and you have to hold a button for a few seconds to switch to Fahrenheit. When it cycles off, you have to hold the button again. I do not remember the manual providing instructions on changing the default setting, but then again, I read it without my reading glasses. Now I have to find my glasses in order to find that little manual. Btw dropped the tanga therm twice already! Batteries flew out and the hinged battery door stayed attached! Seems to be quite durable for field work and techs with the dropsies. All in all, I think it was a very good buy at $15 plus shipping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics