Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool gas dryer GEW9200LW0 slow to dry clothes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 skywalker

skywalker

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:13 AM

I have a Wirlpool front loader model# GEW9200LW0. I stop drying my cloths. I don't understand the dryer gets hot but the cloths are still wet even after putting it on timed dry for 99 min. I've opened it up to clean out all the lint that was in the compartment even in the back of the dryer.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:04 AM

try a load with the Vent disconnected

Dryer Vent

Vent should be rigid metal.
Short lengths of flexible metal may be OK, if not crimped when moving the Dryer into place.
NO plastic
NO PVC
NO screws
Foil Duct Tape is OK.
With an empty load, Timed Dry, High Heat, the vent temperature should cycle somewhere between 135F and 160F
Check / clean the Dryer Vent
Disconnect the Dryer Vent and check for good air-flow there and where it exits the house.
Check the Vent air temperature at the back of the Dryer.
If you have a Harbor Freight Store near you,

DIYers: Save time and money by learning the secrets of appliance repair... Click Here!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

#3 skywalker

skywalker

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:38 PM

I disconnected the vent hose from the back of the dryer. I set it for 60min. at high temp and the close are still a little damp. I don't have access to a a temp gauge so I could not check the temp. Where the vent exits the apartment I used a vent clean out tool that brushes the vent line. I must have brushed and vacuumed out 12ft. out-going and 12ft. incoming. The total length from laundry room to outside vent is approx. 25-26ft. I'm confused about this.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 30,062 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:41 PM

But the clothes were much dryer at the end of the dry cycle with the vent off vs. with the vent on, correctum? This would point to a problem in the vent. See the Ultimate Dryer Venting Guide for lots o' good poop on this.

DIYers: Save time and money by learning the secrets of appliance repair... Click Here!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:57 PM

... I don't have access to a a temp gauge.

a meat thermometer would work.
Would need temperatures to diagnose. . .

#6 skywalker

skywalker

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:33 PM

Thanks guys!! And yes the cloths are drying now. It takes about two 60 min.cycles but the cloths are drying. And I'll pick up a thermometer tomorrow. This is the greatest site. COOL!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics