Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

ASKO D1716 starting issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 arbi

arbi

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Cooper's Pale

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:58 PM

So the other day I've come home and the dishwasher won't start. My first though was power, but then I looked at the control panel and the lights are still lit.

However, pressing start just doesn't make it happen. Essentially, moving the dial around to choose the wash level the lights will be on etc. close the door, press start, nothing happens.

I checked the pump in the base ( have not electrically tested, but I can move the pump blades freely, so I know there is no obstruction there). And there is no standing water.

It's just got me confused, I think: "Maybe the circuitry has shorted" but then the lights are all still functioning as normal. "Maybe the pump is gone" But then, it doesn't even attempt to do anything, the power switch does nothing, not even a hint of noise.

A concern I have is that we had some guests do some cleaning while we were out (this is when it stopped functioning) and the manual states fairly clearly not to clean with spray anywhere near the door latch, I can only assume there are some sensitive components there, but then again, if it had shorted this circuit, would the lights be functioning as normal?

I requested the service manual on these forums hoping to find some kind of internal fuse that I could check, however there doesn't seem to be one. I've thought of filling it with water to see if it drains, but my concern is the pump wont start and i'll have a full dish washer.

Anyone experienced anything similar before? And please take my assumptions above ^ as coming from a total amateur with appliances. I wouldn't be asking here if I wasn't ;)

Edit: I saw on some other forums, that some of the ASKOs have 'debugging' methods that can be input via special button combinations, these methods allow you to test individual components to pin point the issue. If this existed with the d1716, would it be in the service manual or another manual?

Edited by arbi, 06 April 2011 - 05:01 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:37 PM

I'm not a master on Askos, but maybe the Door Switch OR the Start Switch ?
Do the Lights still illuminate with the Door open ?

FAULT INDICATIONS
L3 and L7 and display ”F1” (DW955) is blinking: Heating element fault.
L1-L8 and display ”F2” (DW955) is blinking: Overfill.
L4 and L5 and display ”F3” (DW955) is blinking: Sensor fault.
L6 and L7 and display ”F4” (DW955) is blinking: Water inlet fault.(Just machines with level sensor).
L1-L4 together with L5-L8: The door is open during machine operation.

Posted Image

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 arbi

arbi

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Cooper's Pale

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:58 PM

Lights behave normally, that is, everything closed, not on, lights off. press power button, lights on. ( no flashing etc), open door, lights off (normal). Close door, lights back on. Power button pressed again to turn off, lights off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics