Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch D/W Model# shu43c06uc/17

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Skiter29

Skiter29

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:33 AM

Did a recall on the bosch d/w im not a authorized service customer called me to do was fairly easy except i didnt really understand the code instructions called bosch for help no help there i think i got it right but not sure i have a Model #SHU43C06UC/17 Serial fd640500725 and the code i programed in there was #21 can anybody out there tell me if this is the correct 1 the coding on the sheet said coding #1 for this model

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,934 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:59 AM

Replacing and re-programming the control in these Bosch dishwasher is a pretty straightforward job. But the instructions for the reprogramming are a little different from what you might actually see.

Here's a video showing how to replace the control.

And here are the written instructions from Bosch (click to enlarge):

Posted Image

In the video, the re-programming portion is the last 30 seconds or so of the video. Notice that what they show in the video doesn't quite match up with what's shown in the video, in particular, the programming code shown in the display. In the video, you see him cycle through a series of programming codes from 20 through 29 (this is how you'll usually see it in the field for models with the LED display) until he gets the code he wants, in his case, "21."

In the written instructions, OTOH, they talk about programming codes of C0 through C4. The discrepancy is that in the written instructions, they're using "C" to mean "code." On the display, just ignore the first number ("2") and go by the the second number that changes as you cycle through it.

So, if your model number is SHU43C06UC, the target code is "1" and you cycle through until you see "21" in the display.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

How to replace and reprogram the main control board on Bosch dishwashers

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 09 April 2011 - 08:00 AM

Replacing and re-programming the control in these Bosch dishwasher is a pretty straightforward job. But the instructions for the reprogramming are a little different from what you might actually see.

Here's a...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics