Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Bravo MED6400TB0 electric dryer no heating

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 llky

llky

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:51 PM

Have this Maytag dryer MED6400TB0 that is not heating.It will come on,the drum turns,but will not heat.I have removed the back and checked the element,the fuses,and all of the limit thermostats,everything checks ok.The only thing that is not checking out is the thermister next to the thermal fuse on the blower.Would this keep it from heating?Also what else should I be checking to see why it won't heat?Your help would be appricated.Thank you.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:20 PM

If the thermistor doesn't check out as good then replace it. There are 2 thermistors on your dryer. Also check for 240 volts at outlet and dryer connections.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,605 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:44 PM

Here's your heater strip chart:

Posted Image

Note the thermistor resistances are given.

Can also disconnect the common wire from the heating element, secure it, and run the dryer. See with side of the heating element circuit isn't giving you 120vac: either the control side or the motor side. Whichever is missing the 120vac is the side with the problem.

#4 llky

llky

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:58 PM

Thanks for the info and the wiring chart.I now know what to check.Thanks again

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Troubleshooting a Maytag Bravo electric dryer with no heat

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 11 April 2011 - 10:44 AM

When troubleshooting electrical problems with appliance, like no-heat complaints in dryers, you absotootly gotta have the wiring diagram / tech sheet that comes packaged with the appliance. The manufacturers cleverly hide these inside the appliance to keep owners from finding them and losing them. I love when I go out on a job and need the tech sheet but...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics