Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

romanof

Maytag LA412 Washer

30 posts in this topic

Totally usless ground to say the least.

Am I missing something, looks like a good ground to me - other than the fact it is an aluminum conductor (against code here/as is galvanized pipe - copper or plastic here)

Those belts will wear over years naturally, but there may be some merit to the sock between the tubs suggestion, if you tipped the machine over the sock could have rolled out of harms way - for now ......

Best bet is to run it and see what happens before ya go messin with the dampers as that is quite a venture and usually produces noise and vibration issues.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Unfortunately I can't upload the before photos of how the ground was. The machine was grounded to painted water pipes so there could be no ground. And aluminum ground is against code here in Illinois too. I'm going to change it out to meet code this week but wanted something rather than nothing for now.

As far as running it....Wife put small load in and everything ran fine. Second medium size load in now and all is still well. Maybe it was a sock or something binding between tub and top cover but didn't find anything stray so going to keep watching it for now. Still would like to replace the dampter pads since the machine was bought with this fix-er-up house of mine and who knows what kind of abuse or lack of maintenance its had. Could the damper pad cause vibration if worn over time? Occasionally notice some vibration during the spin cycle and I have leveled the machine.

I'll close this for now. All is well. The machine has been running through its cycles for two days without issue, however, still need to learn why the drive seized causing the drive belt to break. And yes KDOG, I did read your post about belts wearing out over time; Very much appreciate your advice and input. Just need to figure out what happened after the main drive belt gave out and the drive pulley and tranny siezed. Uncanny and baffing.

After re-leveling washer again.....no vibration. To all who find this site. Donate and become an apprentice. You will not be disappointed. TO ALL THE MASTERS....THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH......I have skills I hope to add and will always support this forum. You've been a life, and pocket book, saver.

BTW...When I replace the water supply pipes and valves I replaced the water supply hoses. Just made perfect sense to do that.

:rocker:

... All is well. The machine has been running through its cycles for two days without issue

applaudir2.gif