Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire Gallery GLTF2940F washer - incomplete draining and E21 error code

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 unXpected-repairs

unXpected-repairs

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:18 PM

Hello fellow Samurai,

I have a Frigidaire Gallery GLTF2940F, that sometimes does not complete the wash cycle. There are 2 different things it does. 1 it claims to finish the wash but all the clothes are super wet. 2 it claims the wash is paused, and I can hit start and it will continue and finish (maybe require 2 to 3 restarts, before it finishes the wash).

My Error Code is: E21, "Water not pumping out Fast enough".
I have read this forum and the fixitnow forum for advise on my issue, here is what I have tired:

I have removed the drain hose and taken it outside and hosed it out on my lawn, so its definitely clear of obstructions. I took the same lawn hose and put into my drain pipe to make sure the drain is not clogged.
I removed the pump and opened it up as much as i could and cleaned it out, and the rubber thing in front of the pump, but the issues still occur.

Suggestions?

Thank you,
unXpected-repairs

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:54 PM

After you have emptied all of the water from the pump trap - put unit on drain/spin cycle without adding any water and observe operation - does it spin up to high speed during this cycle ?

While you are in there, remove the stupid little catcher cup that's in the tub-to-pump hose and ditch it, only causes headaches (you might find it full of goodies causing your issue) Looks like this:

http://www.repaircli...il/Tube/1258686

00662570.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:42 PM

It's nice to know that you can get rid of that "stupid little catcher cup". I've done alot of swearing getting those back in.

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:48 PM

We'll call it a "swear jar" ! :groucho:

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#5 unXpected-repairs

unXpected-repairs

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:00 PM

Swearing cup indeed, but maybe because it is nasty. That maybe the problem indeed. I have removed it and ran and empty "drain spin", it went super fast. This is actually the first time I have actually watched this thing spin dry before, wow that drum can really go.

I havent run a load in the machine yet, because it got too late , but tonight I will run a load.

Thank you everyone!

-unXpected repairs

Recent blog entries on this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics