Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Viking DFSB482 Side by Side Fridge/Freezer service Manual

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 148bth

148bth

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fosters-Bitter Ale

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:00 PM

Hi All!

I have a Viking DFSB482 Side by Side Fridge/Freezer [yes one of those units that got recalled by Viking b/c the doors fall off due to poor hinge design] that is running hot. I cleaned all exterior coils & fans [FUN!] and unit is still running hot. The conditioned air from the evap coils in the freezer box is blowing [slowly?] -8 to -10 degrees F; however, the the air in the fridge box never falls below 39F and there is considerable frost build up on the freezer door directly in-front of the evap coils. There is/are no obstructions in front of the upper and lower openings between the R/F boxes. Gaskets replaced about 2 years ago when Viking did hinge recall, they look in fair shape and for the most part pass the $ bill test. Unit was working fine until about a week ago, I then undertook all the above maintenance. All this leads me to believe that one or more of the interior circulation fans are staring to fail or have failed completely & thus the request for the service manual I need to find all the fans to test them & replace as/if needed. I will also need part #'s list to order if needed. Any and all help is sincerely appreciated, as are any other suggestions for a fix if I am missing anything pertainant...which I usually do! THANKS!
Master of None

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 148bth

148bth

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fosters-Bitter Ale

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:20 PM

OK so here is the update. I found the evap fan was shot [this is now the 3rd one put in service], got part # from old repair invoice Viking p/n G5098660 [Evap Fan Assy] replaces G5096492, G5096970, 10654206 & V1065426. So now freezer side runs cold 0 degrees F at least, not sure if it is supposed to get colder [but seeing as all my other freezers go to at least -10F I am pretty certain this one should too]. But here is the problem even at MAX F and MAX R the fridge side wont go below 40F :wallbash: ! Does anyone know how the damper at the bottom of the unit between the freezer and fridge should be set/configured? As stated above the gaskets, for the most part pass the $$ test, is it possible that where they fail slightly be the issue? What am I doing wrong?!? Does anybody have a service/troubleshooting manual/guide for this or a similar unit? I am loathe to call Viking b/c they S*CK! This unit has been nothing but trouble...would never recommend or purchase another Viking unit! EVER!!!
Master of None

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics