Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Viking DFSB482 Side by Side Fridge/Freezer service Manual

148bth

Hi All!

I have a Viking DFSB482 Side by Side Fridge/Freezer [yes one of those units that got recalled by Viking b/c the doors fall off due to poor hinge design] that is running hot. I cleaned all exterior coils & fans [FUN!] and unit is still running hot. The conditioned air from the evap coils in the freezer box is blowing [slowly?] -8 to -10 degrees F; however, the the air in the fridge box never falls below 39F and there is considerable frost build up on the freezer door directly in-front of the evap coils. There is/are no obstructions in front of the upper and lower openings between the R/F boxes. Gaskets replaced about 2 years ago when Viking did hinge recall, they look in fair shape and for the most part pass the $ bill test. Unit was working fine until about a week ago, I then undertook all the above maintenance. All this leads me to believe that one or more of the interior circulation fans are staring to fail or have failed completely & thus the request for the service manual I need to find all the fans to test them & replace as/if needed. I will also need part #'s list to order if needed. Any and all help is sincerely appreciated, as are any other suggestions for a fix if I am missing anything pertainant...which I usually do! THANKS!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 148bth

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so here is the update. I found the evap fan was shot [this is now the 3rd one put in service], got part # from old repair invoice Viking p/n G5098660 [Evap Fan Assy] replaces G5096492, G5096970, 10654206 & V1065426. So now freezer side runs cold 0 degrees F at least, not sure if it is supposed to get colder [but seeing as all my other freezers go to at least -10F I am pretty certain this one should too]. But here is the problem even at MAX F and MAX R the fridge side wont go below 40F :wallbash: ! Does anyone know how the damper at the bottom of the unit between the freezer and fridge should be set/configured? As stated above the gaskets, for the most part pass the $$ test, is it possible that where they fail slightly be the issue? What am I doing wrong?!? Does anybody have a service/troubleshooting manual/guide for this or a similar unit? I am loathe to call Viking b/c they S*CK! This unit has been nothing but trouble...would never recommend or purchase another Viking unit! EVER!!!