Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire SxS refrigerator PLHS39EESS1

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 not harry

not harry

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Barry Tea

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:26 AM

I have a Fridgidaire side by side with the WF2CB Pure Source Filter. I have replaced 3 filters within 4 months and have been forced to use the block off kit provided by Fridgidaire 1553584 Is the repair clinic number (fridgidaire is different) to prevent the filter leak problem temperally until I can resolve the issue.

HISTORY: The Customer called me In originally because there was no ice cubes. The filter was clogged solid with junk and also had noticed ice cubes getting smaller until stopped making them. A no brainer
right, that what I thought too until...

What is happening: the new filters are cracking at both areas where the clear, filter held tubes are adhered to the white end plates (can see the cracks clearly in the tubes in this area only). I first suspected the temperature may be getting so cold it is freezing the device and causing its failure. Nothing else is freezing and the temperature is fine nothing else plastic or otherwise has failed on the unit. Contemplated that water pressure was too high to the unit as others have experienced in the field, and this is not the case here either. Since the bypass of the filter seven months ago ( I have returned for other things thankfully), everything has been great other than the fact that there is no filtration although I am in process of an external filter install to prevent a lost client for now. According to my parts supplier I am the only one having this dificulty. I trust his word but I am 90% sure the filter is the issue.

My Question is: Anyone else have a similer issue or am I blessed with a black cloud of uncertainty for now?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,810 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:53 AM

Anything else freezing on the top shelf? Sounds like a case of the incoming cold air from the damper freezing the filter. I've had more than one customer block the cold air vent with some tall package on the top shelf, unknowingly deflecting air flow where it shouldnt be deflected, ie, the water filter housing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics