Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

WTW6400SW2 Cabrio Washer F50 error code

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gtushim

gtushim

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Holy Water

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:30 AM

It all started when i was hearing a "grinding sound" at the beginning of every rinse cycle. I took the washer apart and found the drain motor making the terrible racket and replaced it. I put the machine on a rinse and drain cycle and the and now that it has been replaced, the machine is still not draining. I then tried putting it on a wash cycle and I am now getting an F50 code. After reading some history of this washing machine, i went digging for part # and cost. Well i have found a control board (AP4360738) and a control-ELEC (AP3958445) both of which "sound" to be the right part. Can someone point me in the right direction. These are both rather expensive and I really only want to replace what is neccessary. Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from someone in the near future. Happy Easter!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:51 AM

Does the Drain Motor running, now?
Is it getting voltage ?

F50
(main) Motor Stalled
F then 50 flashes when the motor rotor position sensor (RPS) senses no rotation.
➔ Does basket turn freely? If not, make sure bottom shipping pack has been removed.
Determine cause of friction.
➔ If basket turns freely, see TEST #3, page 4.
For manuals and lots of other goodies,
become an Apprentice==> http://appliantology.org/apprentice/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Strathy

Strathy

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coffee

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:55 PM

When you replaced the drain pump - any chance you pinched/disconnected or otherwise moved any other wires underneath? Because F50 started when you replaced the drain pump, you can pretty much be sure that it is not a bad board. More likely that a wire to the RPS sensor was disconnected.

Because you had a busted pump, it might be best to pull the inner basket anyway just to make sure there are no more coins or bra wires ready to break your new pump. At the same time you will see if there is something caught between the tubs causing your F50 code.

Lift the main top (2 spring clips about 5" in from each side)
Pop the little cap off the center of the agitator
Remove the bolt
Remove the tub ring that is clipped onto the top of the outer basket (one hose connected on left rear)
Pull straight up on the inner basket till it slides up off the spline shaft
Remove the 2 1/4" screws from the white drain/recirculating pumps cover
Make sure there is nothing caught in that area
Reassemble.
Neighbour's Appliance Service
Servicing Southern Manitoba, Canada

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,837 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:37 AM

For future readers of this topic, part link for the RPS kit to fix the F50 error code ==> Rotor Position Sensor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics