Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

art

GE gas cooktop help needed please... model JGP336BED1BB

3 posts in this topic

I was hoping to contact someone to advise us if we need tocontact our gas utility, an emergency appliance repair person, wait untiltomorrow or find an online assistant to help; if u can help, we would be mostappreciative. Simply put, our GE gas cooktop started making a ticking sound andwe cannot get it to stop. It's the ticking sound you hear when turning theburner knob to the "LITE" position.We've tried turning each and allof the burners on, then off; then taking the burner knobs off to verify they arein the OFF position. I cannot detect a gas smell and this is my biggestconcern: the safety of my family. I may need to err on the conservative sideand call the utility company...however, If you can help. PLEASE do... I have afew othert questions to ask since I am a brand new member, butthey will have towait. Thanks in advance to any memberthat can offer assistance...and a Happy Pascal Season to all Samurai members!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

go into the cabinet and unplug the unit or turn the circuit breaker off

Thank you! Some how, some way when I went back to unplug and/or switch it of at the breaker box, it had stopped on its own. And now you've given us a pro-active approach if it happens again. Thanks again!