Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool ET1CHMXKB06 Fridge water filter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kim Stewart

Kim Stewart

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:12 PM

Seems as though my model has no filter. i would like to purchase one to add in-line. saw many filters and need advice on what part number i should buy.
as evident in this post...the word GURU will never follow my name as applies to appliance repair. thanks so very much for any and all help offered!!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:32 PM

depends on what you want to (try to) filter out
and what type of water supply connections you have
check at the big hardware stores

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Kim Stewart

Kim Stewart

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:59 PM

i hoped i could add one in-line..in the water supply line to the icemaker...i have the plastic water line that came with the install kit i purchased. fridge, water line has been in use for about 5 years now...i know, i know....why did i wait so long...never gave it a thought till seeing today's newsletter from here.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,400 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:51 PM

You absotootly can! Just add a universal water filter cartridge into the water supply tubing. Easy to install and change out and comes with complete destructions.

BTW, I talked about this very topic in the latest issue of my award-winning newsletter, Appliantology. You can subscribe here and be part of the Great Appliance Illuminati. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics