Maytag LSE7806ACE Washer/Dryer Stack - Won't spin
Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:31 PM
First thing I noticed was a queer squeak/whine during final spin cycle. I went in to see what the hell that was. When I lifted the lid I noticed a slight burning rubber smell like when my vacuum cleaner belt breaks. I found that it had pumped and drained, but the clothes were not spun out. Load was comprised of a few pairs of heavy jeans and a heavy sweatshirt. Done on medium load. It was certainly a heavy load but not necessarily overloaded for the tub size nor the water level.
So. Machine agitates fine. It drains fine. Spin is a no go.
Things I've checked or done:
1. Took off the top tub ring and made sure nothing was stuck between the tubs, by looking all around with a flashlight.
2. Replaced both drive belts on the bottom , just because I had new ones and I was down there. But they weren't really worn.
3. Checked and adjusted the tension to the proper 1/4 inch gap on the drive belt when pinched.
4. Spun all pulleys beneath the machine by hand, and they all rotate fine.
5. Checked the lid switch fuse on the mid left side of the machine, which is good.
6. Took off the agitator inside the tub and made sure there was nothing beneath it.
When in spin cycle it makes all the right noises, except the spinning sound. I don't really smell the slight burning rubber smell anymore. But then my doors are open now with the spring weather. The lid switch clicks when I put the lid down, and the filling or agitation stops when I lift the lid.
Gosh, what now?
Thanks in advance for your sage advice...
Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:35 PM
Can't really see underneath without propping it up....
Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:19 PM
Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:13 PM
I imagine it's only the agitator that moves during a wash cycle. Is the spin the only time the actual basket moves?
How can I test the brake?
Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:27 AM
Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:28 AM
Can get you some teardown manuals if you're willing to go for it. Lemme know.
Need parts? Call our Parts Department now! 877-803-7957
Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:08 AM
I bought the manual from you first thing, thank you very much. *smile* I appreciate you having that to offer....
Actually, after reading your linked page, the howling noise, the burning smell, and the reluctant spin are all my symptoms. Guess I better get some beer.
Are the two repair kits mentioned in the article the ones I need for my model?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users