Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

WFW8300ASW00 - Whirlpool Duet Sport front-load washer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 daw01

daw01

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:16 PM

I have a 2007 Whirlpool Duet Sport front load washer - On Monday, I put a load of clothes in. I came back later and the 3 minute indicator was on, the Spin cycle green light was flashing and the Locked Door light was on(red). Tried all the buttons - nothing worked. Phoned Whirlpool - they told me to unplug the washer for a full minute or two and then plug back in. The computer should reset. Tried this - tried to select the rinse cycle - door locked again. As of today - Wednesday- I still have a load of wet wash in my washer with the door locked and no solution. Help!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:29 PM

any Error Codes ?

Manually Unlocking the Door Lock System
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Remove the lower kick panel.
3. Reach up along the inside of the front and locate the bottom of the door switch/lock unit.
4. Located on the bottom of the door switch/lock unit is a tear-drop shaped tab.
5. Gently pull the tab down about a ¼" or until a click is heard.
6. The door may be opened.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:44 AM

On the Duet SPORTS, if they don't have a LED digital display the flashing washing status indicator lights is giving you an error code depending on which of the status lights are flashing.

If you remove the lower panel there should be a tech sheet in a plastic pouch glued to the lower kick panel.

It will have all the Fxx error codes that you would see if you had a display, under each code it should tell you what flashing lights would indicate that particular code. The tech sheet also has all the info you need to put it into diagnostics and check for any prior stored errors codes.

If you try to run the machine or do any diagnostics you must either reinstall the lower kick panel or tape the ground loop switch in the lower left corner closed, (if you don't you will get false F28 communication errors).
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

Recent blog entries on this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics