Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

  • Announcements

    • Samurai Appliance Repair Man

      ***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

      Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  

GE Profile Refrigerator - Water Supply Line

2 posts in this topic

I have a GE Profile Refrigerator (bottom freezer type w/ icemaker) - will post model # when I get home;

We had a leak from the water supply line - plastic GE SmartConnect tubing.

The line coming from inside the refrigerator halfway down the fridge to connect to the water supply line from the basement had a crack in the tubing.

I got an icemaker replacement tubing kit from home depot, however I cannot access the water line tube that goes into the back of the refrigerator to the water filter inside.

It goes way in and I can't even see where it connects, let alone find the connector to disconnect.

Do I have to take off the back metal plate of the fridge to access this connector?

Can I cut the tubing and reconnect it to the existing pipe connector somehow, so I don't have to access the back of the fridge?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

GE Fridge <--- link to picture of what I'm trying to describe.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!