Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Noisy (normal?) GE Top Load- WWRE5240D1WW

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bullet17

Bullet17

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Hornsby

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:12 AM

GE Top Load- WWRE5240D1WW

I just returned home from a deployment to hear my washer making, what I feel, is an annoying amount of noise. I haven't been home and can not determine if this is "normal." She isn't any help since she hardly does the laundry and doesn't pay attention to anything when she does the laundry.

If somebody is able to listen/ watch the video and confirm if I am crazy or I am really hearing/seeing excessive noise/ movement in my washer.
As far as functionality, the unit is behaving properly and washing the clothes.

Thank you ahead of time!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:42 AM

Sounds like the bottom shipping rod standoffs are rubbing against the bottom pan possibly.

There is a service bulletin out on these were in a certain year they had a problem with the front
support apron being to weak and bending down in front letting the two shipping rod standoffs rub
the bottom of the pan under the pulley area.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#3 Bullet17

Bullet17

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Hornsby

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:50 PM

Sounds like the bottom shipping rod standoffs are rubbing against the bottom pan possibly.

I appreciate the information, it gave me a great place to start looking. Now, I have observed no contact between anything and the standoff's. However, I see that my tub assembly is hanging a little lower than expected and very loose. I am able to regenerate the noise during agitation with my hand and little effort. I believe that my suspension components are worn and that I need to replace the 4 support rods...

On this model suspension components can be found here:
http://www.repaircli...bsorption-Parts

#4 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:43 AM

Are you checking the bottom shipping rod standoffs for contact with the bottom pan with tub full of water?

That would be the only time they should even come close to touching. If you have recently moved the machine and possibly dropped it on top of something it could also have pushed the bottom pan up slightly.

The suspension rods should be able to bottom out completely to the end of there range of movement and still not let
anything touch, so I really doubt you have a problem with any of the suspension rods and the straps are ok if none
are broken.

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair, 10 May 2011 - 05:44 AM.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics