Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Elite (110.47781701) HE5t Steam - F35 Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RON8O

RON8O

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Guinness

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:12 PM

Kenmore ELite HE5t Steam

Model: 110.47781701

I understand the "SUD" error followed by the "F35"error is a sign that the analog pressure switch needs replacement. Is there any way to check for an obstruction in this line before I fork out the $114 for the pressure switch?

I read on a different forum (on epinions.com) where someone found a pen obstructing this line, but I can't find the necessary diagrams so I can do this myself. I did take off the lower front panel of the washer, drained the debris trap and inspected, but there was almost NOTHING in there (just a tiny bit of dirt build-up).

Any advice is appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:58 PM

http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=1454549

01209286.jpg

Analog Pressure Switch # 38 in center of diagram

K1004094-00001.png

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 RON8O

RON8O

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Guinness

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:26 PM

which tube/line should I check for obstructions? The black line shown as #21 in the diagram above?

anything else before I fork over the $100 for the part?

Thanks!

#4 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:33 PM

If that black tube is the one attached to the pressure switch, remove and blow through the tube.......Most generally the tube is not obstructed, the pressure switch just failed..... <_< .....You can purchase from repairclinic and not worry about the price, which appears to have dropped by $14 dollars in your last posts :teehee: ........ The last customer I serviced, she had switched brands of detergent and was using the same amount but more suds were visable, just something to ask...

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Kenmore Elite HE5t Steam washer with F35 and SUD error codes

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 10 May 2011 - 08:10 PM

Replace the analog pressure switch. One year warranty on the part if ordered thru this site. :blink:

click on...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics