Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Ice goes down chute when closing freezer door!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MiniCG

MiniCG

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 06:28 AM

We have an Frigidaire side by side bought in 2002 (model# GLRS2672A). Now this problem started when a coke was left in the freezer. The next day I cleaned the small coke explosion, including taking out the ice cube storage bin. After cleaning was done, I put the ice cube storage bin back. I shut the freezer door, and the light for the water dispenser came on and you can hear ice going into the chute. This is driving us nuts! This happens everytime we shut the freezer door. Now previous to this, the water paddle was replaced, but it worked fine till this incident. My husband finally diconnected the front panel dispenser till we can really fix it. I called Frigidaire about the problem, and they said "That's not on our database of troubleshooting, you need to call a repairman".

Any thoughts on what happened, and what we need to do to fix this. Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 07:06 AM

Firstly, recheck your model number (get it from the label inside the refrigerator section) - it should be a little longer than that.

There was an issue with the circuit boards in these a few years back which caused the dispenser light to come on when the door was closed - methinks your Coke explosion may have damaged the board. Check the connectors, ensure they are clean. You could try removing the board, washing it in some barely warm water and drying it thoroughly (I know it sounds crazy, but I've succeeded with this in the past!) then reconnecting it to see if there's any difference. If not, new board time.

Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#3 MiniCG

MiniCG

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 07:22 AM

Your right, the correct model# is GLRS267ZAB4. As far as the circuit board, I will try that. The coke incident only made a small mess in the ice storage bin area. No coke on the inside of the door. I even thought maybe I wasn't inserting the storage bin correctly. I pulled it out several times, and reinserted it.

One thing that I forgot to mention is when you push the door button (the button that triggers the light to go on when door is opened, or off when it's closed) also triggers the ice to shoot out. I don't remember ever doing this before. Is this right?

Thanks again for your help.

#4 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:06 PM

Like I say, there was a bulletin from Friggidaire on this very issue - perhaps one of the guys on here has access to the details, it listed a range of models and serial numbers  (although I came across this on several unlisted models:yikes:)
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics