Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Leaky dishwashermodel MDBTT59AWW

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GrantJohnson73

GrantJohnson73

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Diet Mt. Dew

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:36 AM

Hey Samurai,

I have fixed the leak on my dishwasher a few times now. Once, a new gasket/main seal seemed to do the trick, and another time someone stepped on the door of the unit while it was open and caused the unit it to twist which defeated the main seals along the sides of the unit.

Anyway, I did two loads yesterday and now the third is leaking very badly. I'm not sure what happened. I usually do one load a day. I'm afraid that I always have a leak and something got saturated and only started dripping to the floor after the second load. I think the main gasket looks good but I'd appreciate a nice picture of a correctly installed gasket for my unit.

I've done some basic leveling, and the latch seems pretty snug.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Grant

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,636 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:52 AM

I don't have a purdy pitcher of a correclty installed gasket but if you post some pics of yours, we can probably tell you whether or not it's installed correctumly. Use a free online image hosting service to upload some pics, close n clear, then post the links here so we get some squinties on 'em.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics