Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE PDSS0MFYARSS refrigerator diagnostic mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jimi

Jimi

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:10 PM

Hi

I just joined the group and have learned so much, especially appliances that are not in the Whirlpool family that I have all the manuals for. I am having trouble using the diagnostic test using using the method described in the manual. It tells me how to enter it but then says nothing about how to advance through each diagnostic step.

The model is PDSS0MFYARSS When I go into diagnostic it does do the blinking lights, then I select any button and that is supposed to lock the diagnostic in. From there I can increase the FF buttons from 1 -9 but it does not do or show anything, and after about 30 seconds it goes back to reading temps. What am I doing wrong.

The ref is working now as it was an obstruction in the sealed system but now that I have the manuals I would like to make sure I understand the diagnostic process.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Please do not drink & drive

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:16 PM

When you hold the Colder and Warmer buttons for the freezer and beer sections for 3 seconds, are you getting the blinking "00"? And then when you press any key to lock in diagnostic mode, do the blinking "00" turn solid?

From there, advance to FF 2 (FZ still 0) and you should see the software version. Does it show up in the display?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics