Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire Front Load Washer FWT449GFS2

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 manchmal

manchmal

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:rice beer

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:21 PM

Sensei,
I thought i had narrowed down the choices and i bought a new door latch assembly, installed it and it worked for about a month. (My washer was not agitating or spinning but would fill and drain and the timer would advance....aka: soggy clothes syndrome). I am not sure how to figure out electrical stuff so this was an 'educated' shot from internet research. Now the washer is back to where it was, no agitating or spinning. Is it the control board? On this machine it is a $350-$400 part....(ugh....) Of course there is no return for the door latch assembly....bought locally.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:32 PM

early Frigidaire Gallery
131788200 EARLY Gallery SPEED CONTROL.pdf

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,927 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:39 PM

Of course there is no return for the door latch assembly....bought locally.

Let that be a lesson to you: always buy your parts through this website and get the peace of mind of a one year warranty!

There's a troubleshooting tech sheet inside the washer, remove the bottom kickplate to get it. There's a procedure in there to get you on the right track with this. Start with that and post your findings. I also have a troubleshooting flowchart on this page. Pay special attention to the note about the molex connector on the motor!

The fact that it worked for a month after replacing the door latch assy makes me suspect a wiring issue. Remove the wires and reseat them in the door latch.

Next, check the dispenser door magnet and reed switch. If the washer thinks the dispenser door is open, it won't run at all.

#4 manchmal

manchmal

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:40 PM

Yes,....this is the tech sheet....I'm not sure what i'm supposed to be looking at....

#5 manchmal

manchmal

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:20 PM

Ah. Husband took out door latch assembly and reconnected it. It worked....and then didn't. I don't think it's the dispenser door magnet and reed switch. The washer does go...it fills and drains but does not agitate or spin.

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,927 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:05 AM

... I also have a troubleshooting flowchart on this page. Pay special attention to the note about the molex connector on the motor!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics