Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Gerrym

Whirlpool Oven Model # RBS305PDQ16

9 posts in this topic

My Whirlpool Oven Model # RBS305PDQ16 recently started making a buzzing noise briefly each time the elements cycle off.

This has been happening for a few weeks without affecting the oven's operation until today.

It seems as though it may not have cycled the elements off correctly today and caused food to burn.

I tested the oven after the burning incident, however, and the elements did cycle on and off, but still with the buzzing sound.

I hope you can tell me what part/s may be about to fail.

Thanks,

Gerry

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sounds like a relay is starting to fail on the control board...With the food burning, the relay stuck closed.....repairclinic, P/N 831919 (R/C item 1179543 ) for about $ 169. clams :thumbsup:

Thanks for the help!

I ordered the board and installed it, but I now have another problem.

After putting in the new control board, I now get an F2, E1 error.

I reinstalled the original control board and I still get the F2, E1 error, so I don't think the new board is the source of the error>

What do you think is wrong?

Gerry

F2 E1 Keypad keytail not connected

1.Disconnect power or unplug oven.

2.Check keypad connector for firm connection.

3.Press CANCEL. If error code returns after 60 sec., replace keypad.

4.Replace control.

Thanks!

I did as you instructed and the error remains.

Also, when I pressed cancel there was no beep.

There were two or three other buttons that didn't make a beep when pressed (all of the others did beep when pressed).

The same buttons made no beep sound when I reinstalled the original control board.

So, it must be the keypad that's bad. I noticed a kink in the ribbon cable, I must have damaged it when I installed the control board.

Do you have a part number for the keypad? The oven finish is white, & the Model # is RBS305PDQ16.

Thanks,

Gerry

One more question!

When I clicked on the picture in your post of the Touchpad, the page that came up gave item# 831540 and referred to the part as Touchpad and Control Panel.

The price shown was $301.65.

Does this rathrer high price and the description "and control panel" mean that this comes with a control board, P/N 9302994, (which I already bought)?

If so, I'll get an RMA to return the control board I already bought.

Thanks,

Gerry

... Does this rathrer high price and the description "and control panel" mean that this comes with a control board,

no, :confused:

the ToiuchPad is #1 in the picture, the Control Panel (frame) is right behind it.

The Control board is # 3