Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

GE floods

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_roosterize_*

Lurker_roosterize_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 26 October 2005 - 10:28 AM

Can you help me diagnose a persistent problem we're having with our GE washer?

It will work fine for months then all of a sudden it will flood the place. We clean up the water and then run through a wash cycle to see if we can tell where it's leaking but then it doesn't. So we continue to use it  and weeks or months later it will do the same thing. I thought maybe it was the water level switch but I disassembled it and it looks fine.  -Sean

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 26 October 2005 - 10:46 AM

WBSR1060TAWW

Your transmission/break system is letting the washer spin in agitate, so when you have it set on a high water level the water is going up over the top of the tub and down the overflow tube.   Probably will not overflow when set on a lower water setting since the water will not go over the top of the tub.  This can be erratic also, so will be hard to catch the washer doing this.  Watch the washer in the agitate cycle to see if you can catch it spinning in agitate. This tranny system has a 5 year warranty and this is a known problem with these newer washers.   If it is not the washer doing this you could have a house drain backing up.

Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 jabko

jabko

Yamabushi

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 02:43 AM

Hopefully you did not disassemble the water level switch, If not mistaken its factory sealed, the previous post is correct in the transmission failure, where the tub spins the opposite direction of the normal spin during agitate cycle, creating a whirlpool of water rising up and out the overflow, also check the air hose connection at the air dome on the left front lower side of the tub, some had a problem with gunk getting near the air outlet and restricting the air to the water level switch, and thus causing a overflow, souinds more lightly that the trans is the problem, usually with the water level failure the machine with just fill and flood the house without activating the motor as its still waiting to sense the proper level before it trips over to the motor side, if it seems to fill and begin to agitate at all the water levels properly, its the trans..............John

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics