Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag 3000 series front load washer noisy - video included

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Howard R

Howard R

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:42 AM

Hi - new to the forums - this looks like an awesome resource - thanks for any help you can provide.

I have a Maytag front load washer (model # MHWE300V11 - it's a 3000 Series washer) that is a little over 2 years old. It has recently started to make a fairly loud roaring type noise that sounds sort of hollow as well if that makes sense. This is only on the spin cycle. It used to be much quieter. It doesn't vibrate much, and appears to be balanced okay.

I suspect it may be a bad bearing. I'm pretty handy with taking stuff apart if I can get my hands on a repair manual etc.

Here's a video - I'd appreciate any thoughts or advice anyone might have.

Thanks!

Posted Image

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:32 PM

Yup, it sounds like those rear bearings are failing/failed...the bigger question is, Why did they fail in only 2+ years??? :blink: If you do not have the service manual yet go to the "manual request " section ..........On the "suds-O-meter" I would start off with a sixer and then add a pint of Black Velvet.....

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

... Why did they fail in only 2+ years??? :blink: If you do not have the service manual yet
... go to the "manual request " section .........

1) not using HE Detergent ?
2) grasshoppers aren't allowed into that section
For service manuals and lots of other goodies,
become an Apprentice==> http://appliantology.org/apprentice/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 Howard R

Howard R

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:26 PM

Thanks for the replies. We are using HE detergent. I'm happy to sign up and become an apprentice if it will help me fix this on my own.

We have a new puppy and we're washing a lot of rugs that are getting pee'd on - I'm guessing that's what caused it - it never sounded like it was off balance. Can you not wash small rugs - (18" x 36") in a washing machine?

Any idea what I might be looking at cost wise for parts and any special tools to fix this?

A 6 on the suds o meter plus a pint of Black Velvet doesn't sound promising - maybe better to just go buy a new one?

Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics