Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
SOYHOP

Frigidaire Washer Front loader FWT647GHS0

7 posts in this topic

My washer starts out ok but after the first rinse cycle, it will not fill up with water and so the cycle never continues. If I more the cycle to spin it continues and completes. Since the rinse cycle is warm or cold only, I assumed it had something to do with the COLD water inlet valve. To make sure that it was not the cold water plug, I switched the cold water plug with the hot water inlet valve and the tub filled with no problem. So I ordered a new water inlet valve and just replaced it today. It is still not filling during the rinse cycle. Any ideas? Thank you oh wise and noble Samurai.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Will it fill for a cold water Wash ?

Is there 120v AC at the Cold Water Inlet Valve while it should be filling for Rinse ?

It starts out working for a cold water wash and will not fill during the rinse cycle. What is also interesting is that sporadically it will will work from start to finish for a few days and then stop again. I haven't checked the volts yet.

that only leaves the Timer, but unlikely

Do a cold water wash cycle. When it's time for rinse, which is done with cold water, be ready at the valve with your meter and measure for 120vac. Valve may have fatigue failure, not uncommon with solenoids.

... a new water inlet valve and just replaced it today. It is still not filling during the rinse cycle.

from first post ...

... Valve may have fatigue failure, not uncommon with solenoids.

:kopkrab:

Ah, missed that part about new valve.

Well, if all is as you say, then I'm with Reg, only leaves a timer but sumpin' ain't raht...  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Timer/780740?modelNumber=FWT647GHS0

00963942.jpg
Click it to git it. One year warranty. If it doesn't fix the problem, return it for a refund.