Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

mlg2000aww maytag neptune washer

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 willowtree

willowtree

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:08 PM

First thanks for the help and time. the washer fills with water and rotates and drains will not gear up for final spin door lock light does not come on, I have removed door and bottom panel and the panel under the control knobs (view of the dryer guts and harness) how do I remove the panel to check door lock mechanics.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:10 PM

In the center of the "dryer guts and harness"area, screwed down from the top, is a single 5/16" screw holding that small panel in place. After you remove it, pull the panel forward to remove and gain access to the latch assm.
I suspect the wax motor has failed and taken with it the r11 resistor on the machine cont. Board (possibly a triac or 2 also).
to access the board, go ahead and remove the front of the dryer and a couple of screws holding down the top of the dryer...machine control is located there, front right.
if you can find the resistor marked r11, you will prolly see that it is smoked.
if this is the case, you'll need a wax motor and new or repaired control board. If you have any soldering skills,there are detailed repair instructions for this on this site if you search, or you can send it to fixyourboard.com and let them fix it, or purchase one risk-free from repairclinic.com.
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#3 willowtree

willowtree

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:56 PM

Thank you. removed the small panel and have access to the latch assembly and wax motor, cool! are there 2 lock switches? or do they make them look similar to mess with peeps. Next the dryer panels.

#4 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,162 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:30 AM

It's the switch furthest to your right as you're looking at it. The last one I worked on only needed the switch. Put it into spin and watch to see if the wax motor moves the plunger that pushes that switch to the closed position.
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,061 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:50 PM

If the plunger on the wax motor isn't extending out far enough to engage that second switch, the z-zpring behind the wax motor may have compressed. If that's the case, you can pull it our and stretch it just a hit and put it back in.

#6 willowtree

willowtree

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:55 PM

okay will give that a whirl. the board looked fine no burn marks, now I have to put it back the way I found it, LOL. will do the test spin and see if the the plunger moves. thank you

#7 willowtree

willowtree

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:04 PM

Hello not sure if it means anything or it could just be coincedence the whole unit was moved recently by two guys and a truck.

#8 willowtree

willowtree

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:13 PM

the plunger on was motor is not moving

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,061 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:46 PM

If it's getting voltage, 120vac, then it's bad. If it doesn't have the black shaft, it should be replaced in any event..  http://www.repaircli...mber=MLG2000AWW

00662418.jpg
Click it to git it. One year warranty on the part.

#10 willowtree

willowtree

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:23 PM

it has the black plunger not the brown, replacing it any way. what about the interlock switches? the door lock light does not come on. should I replace those along with the wax motor

#11 willowtree

willowtree

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:31 PM

no "paypal" on that site for parts! even "Ravelry" has "paypal" - "Ravelry" is a knitting community site.:blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics