Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Rheem Furnace blower wont come on?

cichlid7777

cichlid7777

I have an older GAS furnace that all of the sudden is not working correctly. I change the thermostat and the thermal couple but still turns itself off after a minute. When I turn up the thermostat it fires up and turns on but after about 1 minutes its shuts off, the blower does not come on at all. If someone could give me idea of how I might be able to fix this or what could cause it to shut itself down.

Rheem Model 3204-S100AD Serial number 62C361kLN8D005. Thank you in advance for the help.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you tried to turn on the fan at the fan switch at the thermostat? If it comes on that means the motor is still good ( probably ) .

If the fan does not come on with the fan on switch , then you likely have a bad motor or bad motor capacitor.

Does your heater have a circuit board that most everything connects to ? ( it will be behind a plastic cover)

If the fan works on fan "on" position of thermostat, You likely / may have a bad circuit board .

If the fan works and you DO NOT have a circuit board, then you may have a bad fan/limit control. thats a device under a metal cover that has a little dial on it.

Good luck

cichlid7777

my thermostat does not have a fan option its a real basic one with just a dial, I dont think I have a circuit board this unit is very old. I dont see a switch to turn fan on. The pilot is lit, the burners turn on but then one minute later they turn off and the fan never comes on.

Again, you still have only two options. Bad motor or bad device that brings on the fan motor.

Do you have A Multi-meter in order to test the componets? We can walk you through troubleshooting.

First thing to do ...... at the furnace terminal strip you will see the thermostat wires connected . If you place a piece of wire(jumper) between W and G , that will be the same as turning on the fan switch on the thermostat. THe fan should come on.

Let me know how that works out.

Just thought I would throw this in: Might be the flame is not being sensed by the control.

If yours is an older Kanthal sensing type pilot, then that pilot does 2 jobs. It sparks and lights the pilot and thermocouple and then it sends verification back to the control when the flame is lit. Yours might need to be cleaned with sand cloth. Post some photos of the furnace pilot and control . Looking up HVAC online is impossible.

Archived