Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

RivaGirl

Frigidaire Gallery PLRS 267ZAB6 side by side refrigerator freezing food

6 posts in this topic

Freezing fridge.

Been advised air damper and cold control may be the culprit.

How do I find and test the cold control?

I'll buy my new part through your site- thanks for hosting this forum!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

model number on prev post PLRS 267ZAB6

OK people - if the fridge is freezing, it could be the Damper.

Fridgidaire recommends seeing if that little hole going between fridge and freezer is frozen over (it's in back of meat drawer on our side by side). If there are signs of ice, it could get stuck in the fully open position (regardless of what you have it set at). If that internal auto adjuster gets stuck and lets cold air in all the time. the fridge will freeze. Their solution - a tool I use everyday. Defrost that hole area with a hairdryer.

To trouble shoot this easily before busting out the hairdryer, you can use a mirror to look for ice or use your finger to see how much cold air seeps in when the meat drawer is set to "coldest" vs "warmer."

Hey, RivaGirl, so you fixed it?

If I remember this unit, the lower air return has a plastic flap/door that stops air flow..The top air flow is controlled by the motorized damper door..........If the lower flapper is stuck in the 'open' position, lower temps in the fresh food section... the fresh food cold control , controls the damper assembly..... Find your tech sheet, possibly in the toe grill or the control console....It will tell you how to test the damper assy.....service data sheet 240389604 or publication # 5995365466.....P.S. :wallbash: cannot find that publication at the friggy site

Edited by certified tech group 51

...service data sheet 240389604 or

...publication # 5995365466

from the friggy site:

1) 240389604 (or 240389607) mentions Defrost diagnostics, but not Damper operation

2) 5995365466 is the Parts Manual (no diag info)