Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
dbuck

Whirpool Gold Gs6nbexrs00 Ice Maker not working

16 posts in this topic

Hello all,

My icemaker has stopped working in my Whirlpool Gold refrigerator. When it first stopped working I was able to unplug the fridge and plug it back in and it would sometimes start making ice again. Now it won't work at all. It is the In-Door-Ice maker with the infrared sensors. Any help to diagnose the problem would be appreciated. Also let me know if most people end up replacing the unit. I have done the sensor test and it is working fine. The icemaker mold is empty.

Thanks for your help!

Darren

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

first thing to check would be the rubber nipple protruding out from the cieling where the water enters the icemaker. Is it soft and flexable or frozen solid with ice inside? If its frozen solid you need a new water valve. if its not frozen soild then your going to have to do some voltage checks at the valve during a cycle.

I have a Whirlpool Gold refrigerator. The ice maker is not making ice. I have tested the sensor and it appears to be working ok. The fingers are facing me, and after holding down the top switch that gets held with the freezer closed, the fingers rotated down into the tray. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Darren

so... does the Water Valve get voltage (for about 7 seconds) while it should be filling (during Finger rotation) ?

I am a newbie on this stuff. Could you please explain how to do this test?

Thanks!

Darren

Do the T-to-H jumper test. Does it cycle and fill at the end of the cycle?

Topics merged.

dbuck, starting more than one topic of the same problem is a Bozo No-No. Next time, we put your nutz in a vice. fouetaa.gif

Sorry about that, what should I look for while doing the cycle test?

Do the T-to-H jumper test. Does it cycle and fill at the end of the cycle?

What do your optics flash when the door is open and the flapper is closed ??....... L.E.D. lit solid??........Have you found your tech sheet to test the optics and the Ice maker ?? The blue sheet in the toe plate /grill..... The freezer has to be at O to 5 degs...... The i/m operated for a full cycle ( the fingers rotated towards me ) came to rest at the same place they started ??? Take a long piece of your weed eater line, about 18 inches, and push it into the fill tube/nipple.....clear??? :thumbsup:

The led flashes twice and then off for 1 sec. With the flapper closed it stays lit red. I am next going to try to run the cycle. When I did hold the door switch down I noticed the fingers disappeared down into the tray, but didn't come back around. I will also try to check if the black tube is clogged. Let me know if there is anything else I should do. I did not find this tech sheet.

Also I forgot to ask. How do I get to these jumpers easily? Thanks, I am very new at this! You guys are very helpful!

If I could get some instruction on how to access these jumpers for the test? Thanks sumurai!

Did you click the link in my first reply which I also posted again as a self-quote?

Got it! Thanks Sumarai!