Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

acillatem_old

Kenmore washer Model # 110.28822790

10 posts in this topic

I have an old Kenmore washer that is working fine,but every now and then we get these dark gray/black smudges on the sides of the tub. We'll see them after we take a load of clothes out. It's not grease, becauyse it comes off my fingers fairly easy, but it feels kind of slimy and a little gritty. I actually think it's something coming into the tub through the holes in the tub, but I'm just guessing.I could have swore that I heard the tub has to be taken out sometimes and something cleaned underneath, or something of that nature, but I can't remember exactly. Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sounds like it's time to clean the gookus out of the "magic filter."

gallery_4_5_372591.png

gallery_4_5_85197.png

O.k. thanks. Obviously, I have to get the tub out,and haven't got that far into this washer yet with previous repairs, so any advice or link(s)that can help me get the tub out and get to this filter? Thanks!

Oh, is this actually a filter that can be replaced, or???

Edited by acillatem

Can anyone point me to some sort of guide that will help me get to what is pictured above, so I can clean it? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

You'll need to remove the inner basket to get to that filter. This video should get you there...

O.k. thanks again! Is that spanner wrench something that is made specifically for washing machines, and can I get one at a hardware store or??? Also, when you say inner basket, you mean what they are calling the inner tub in the video, yes? :)

That being said, when I pull that inner basket/tub out, will it be pretty self explanatory at that point? This filter.......does it just need to be cleaned?

Thanks!

So, his filter will be very obvious when I get the tub out, yes?

yep plasic on the bottom and underneath the tub 4 tabs inside the the long hole of the inner tub

Thanks! Just have to get the wrench.....doesn't appear to be any way around that.