Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phillymac1

Samsung DV219AGW/XAA Manual Request...HE error code

15 posts in this topic

I wanted to see if someone has a service manual on this model (Samsung DV219AGW/XAA), it attempt to run for about 10 to 20 seconds or so then stops and flashes "HE" error code. Is anyone familiar with this problem? Have to order Samsung parts here in Houston so I wanted be sure if we could nip it in the bud, it's a gas dryer if I hadn't mentioned it earlier....

Thanks

Phillip

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

There's TECH SHEET on the back of the dryer.

Look for the OHMs value for the THERMISTOR.

Check the OHMs of the THERMISTOR on the BLOWER HOUSING.

I did check the thermistor out, it ohmed at about 6.5something and change, where should the thermistor be at?

I don't recall specifically---something like 10,000 OHMs at 77F.

It is important to verify---per temperature/OHM chart...

Another thing to check for is...when the dryer stops---are there "Marching Ants" dancing around the perimeter of the control panel DISPLAY? This would look like a set of dashes (-) running a rectangular circular pattern continously.

If this occurs---replace the MAIN BOARD. Software defect.

Nah, nothing like that at the control board, just HE code, nothing else...now don't laugh if this sounds crazy but you said thermistor should ohm out @10,000 ohms at 77 degrees, hope that means around room temp, cause the dryer wont stay on long enough for it to heat. :)

Most TECH SHEETS will give an OHMs value for the THERMISTOR at differing temperatures.

If the TECH SHEET does not show/provide that information---the SERVICE MANUAL should have it.

This is purely an anecdotal observation on my part...

It seems that most of the THERMISTOR failures occur in homes at or very near a *salt water* environment (ocean/beach).

The THERMISTORS on Samsung dryers appear to have a polyurethane-type coating on it. On those THERMISTORS that were faulty/failed---that I've had---the copper-colored tip of the THERMISTOR appeared corroded. The OHM value at room temperature was significantly "off".

Edited by john63

My guess would be the thermistor at fault, it runs inline with that motor, if it acts up, motor would all likely shut down, these are just a hunch for me...hopefully if I can get ahold of aervice manual, it will really help.

Was anyone able to find a service manual to this model or have anyone had this issue with the "HE" error code on the dryer????

may be similar to the DV316LG

hE Heater Error

Invalid heating Temp in running the dryer

Check for:

- Restricted vent system.

- Check Thermistor resistance.

Thermistor resistance 10K Ω @ 25°C 77°F

Okay, I see this is why I'm still at newbie status...I did ohm the thermistor at about 6.5ohm but I'm not for sure @ what temp, can this be done with my meter. Also, I mentioned it's a gas dryer, so I did continuity test on flame sensor...good, but wouldn't read any continuity on the ignitor, could this have something to do with the error code????

Oh I forgot to mention (again), I ran the dryer with vent hose disconnected as well and it still error :)

Thermistor should read about 10,000 OHMs at room temperature 77F

Ignitor may read about 500 OHMs.

Should be using a digital OHM meter.

Yes, I'm using digital but I'm not getting anwhere near those numbers. so I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and order both items, and see how it goes...I'll let you guys know how it goes :blink:

What readings are you getting..

If you're getting any reading on the Ignitor, it should be OK.

not getting any reading on ignitor, it's @ 1 on my meter, also the meter should beep as well, I'm not getting the beep tone neither so I take it ignitor is bad. On the thermistor, I'm getting 6.5 ohms as well, no where near 10G's as you mentioned.

... not getting any reading on ignitor, it's @ 1 on my meter, also the meter should beep as well, I'm not getting the beep tone neither so I take it ignitor is bad.

... On the thermistor, I'm getting 6.5 ohms as well, no where near 10G's as you mentioned.

depends on the OHM meter and range setting ..

Ignitor setting ... OHM meter should be set on the 1k OR 2k scale

Thermistor setting should be on the 20k or 100k setting

6.5 OHMs ?

6.5k OHMs

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0